Well Plan is the single planned plot ideal to use with Casing design, the program is based on the minimum curvature method to design a precise and smooth well bore trajectory through multiple targets is quickly and easily accomplished using this program.
Planning well bore trajectory utilities and comparing Planned vs Drilled trajectories The Minimum Curvature method is used to calculate 3-dimensional displacements of the well bore according to “end-point” inputs supplied by the user. Minimum Curvature is widely accepted by the oil industry to be the most accurate mathematical analysis for directional surveys as opposed to previous, less rigorous methods such as Least Squares, Tangential, Average Angle and Radius of Curvature. View the latest version of well Plan
The program allows you to design multiple directional trajectories,side tracks and well intervention for any well profile or import a trajectory;
The following data is calculated with a minimum of end point entries.
- Target Data is included for up to four targets.
- KOP & Build Rate (°/100Ft, °/30Mtrs)
- EOB depth
- Tangent depth or Lateral Section length
- Drop Section and Turn Rates (°/100Ft, °/30Mtrs)
- EOD depth
- Closure distance and azimuth
- Vertical section view with lateral displacement vs true vertical depth (TVD)
- Plan view (N/-S, E/-W) displacement vs true vertical depth (TVD)
- Dog Leg Severity (DLS) vs measured depth (°/100Ft, °/30Mtrs)
- WellPlan3 now includes Planned, Custom trajectories and up to 4 side tracks
The Planned and Drilled trajectory auto calculates the Planned vs Drilled trajectory with visual targets.
Actual directional surveys can be input as the well is drilled.
Each trajectory is compared with the actual drilled trajectory.
You have the option of importing a planned and actual surveys (MD, Inclination, Azimuth),
Planned, Drilled or Custom trajectories can be exported for use in other programs.
This program will be integrated with the latest version of Casing Design.
The software has a training video embedded in the software.