Well Plan is based on the minimum curvature method to design a precise and smooth well bore trajectory through multiple targets is quickly and easily accomplished using this program.
Well Plan and drilling trajectory utilises The Minimum Curvature method is used to calculate 3-dimensional displacements of the well bore according to “end-point” inputs supplied by the user. Minimum Curvature is widely accepted by the oil industry to be the most accurate mathematical analysis for directional surveys as opposed to previous, less rigorous methods such as Least Squares, Tangential, Average Angle and Radius of Curvature.
Well Plan and design allows you to design a directional trajectory for any well profile;
The following data is calculated with a minimum of end point entries;
- Target Data is included for up to four targets.
- KOP & Build Rate (°/100Ft, °/30Mtrs)
- EOB depth
- Tangent depth or Lateral Section length
- Drop Section and Turn Rates (°/100Ft, °/30Mtrs)
- EOD depth
- Closure distance and azimuth
- Vertical section view with lateral displacement vs true vertical depth (TVD)
- Plan view (N/-S, E/-W) displacement vs true vertical depth (TVD)
- Dog Leg Severity (DLS) vs measured depth (°/100Ft, °/30Mtrs)
The Well Plan and drilling trajectory auto calculates the Planned trajectory with visual targets.
Actual directional surveys can be input as the well is drilled.
Each planned trajectory is compared with the actual drilled trajectory.
You have the option of importing a planned and actual surveys (MD, Inclination, Azimuth),
Planned, Drilled or Custom trajectories can be exported for use in other programs.
This program will be integrated with the latest version of Casing Design.